Movie & Wine Night
The 3rd Moive & Wine Night, a night with a story
* Date: Aug. 27th 2011, 5 PM
* Location: Seoul Foundation of Women & Family
* Movie: Chocolat
We started the first Movie & Wine Night in the winter of 2010. This was already the third M & W Night. The first movie was "Moscow does not believe in tears". The second was "Antonia's Line". The third moive was "Chocolat". These movies were about unwed mothers who courageously and proudly live with their children. They were inspiring to unwed mothers living with hardship and giving positive energy to the mothers.
Before the movie started, we had a short meeting with volunteers. They took care of children and helped Kumsn staffs.
Movie started! We were sitting around to watch the movie. It was a two-hour movie. Original plan was to have a mid-break during the movie; however, the mothers were so into the story that we continued to watch the whole movie
While the mothers were watching the movie, volunteers and children were having a great time.
After the movie playing, Lee Sam, the president of Lee sam cupcake gave a short presentation about a new project for unwed mothers. The project will help economic independence of unwed mothers. She gave us delilcious cookies made by graduates of MissMom Cupcake School.
Below picture is Kwon, Hee-jung, the executive director of Korean Unwed Mothers Support Network. She gave a talk about unwed mothers' rights. She has been talking about unwed mothers' rights to many students and social groups; but, this was the first time to talk to unwed mothers themselves. It was a meaningful time for all of us.
We took group pictures after the movie on the first day. We wanted put up a group picture, but decided not to and put up a picture of the movie instead because we didn't want to make the faces blurry. We want Korean society changed so that unwed mothers can show their happy faces in public spaces without any fear of discrimination just like the movie's picture.
After all program was over, we did a personality test by color selections and a love language test for fun. It was a good time to know each other better. The 3rd M&W night was over with happiness and joy.
What movie should we watch together to have fun at the same time to creat solidarity next time?
A short movie of the 3rd Movie & Wine Night
We give our thanks to all volunteers who took care of the children and took pictures, 14 mothers and 17 children who had a great time with us, and Jayme K Hansen who donated wine.
thank you and love you!
Mom's reviews of the 3rd Movie & Wine Night
- poster.jpg (95.6KB)(23)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3459.jpg (44.6KB)(191)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3462.jpg (61.6KB)(22)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3470.jpg (56.0KB)(22)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3474.jpg (22.2KB)(20)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3483.jpg (37.4KB)(20)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3485.jpg (29.0KB)(17)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3489.jpg (27.3KB)(16)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3496.jpg (40.9KB)(16)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3502.jpg (34.2KB)(10)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3545.jpg (25.8KB)(12)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3563.jpg (73.0KB)(10)
- 2011.08_movie_wine_3571.jpg (46.4KB)(10)
- C1456-14.jpg (36.3KB)(11)
- IMG_2621.jpg (16.9KB)(12)
- IMG_2623.jpg (28.5KB)(15)
- 3rd_MW_e.jpg (217.3KB)(11)